Terms and Conditions
One to One Sessions
A minimum deposit of 50% is required for all 1-2-1 bookings, with the balance due no later than 5 working days before the session (or the first session in the block if you are booking for a series or block of sessions).
If you wish to cancel or reschedule a session you can do so:
- Up to 1 week before with no charge except for any room hire cost we may have paid.
- Between 1 week and 2 working days before a session 50% of session fee
- Cancellations within the last 2 working days – 100% of session fee.
If you have booked a block or set of sessions and received a discount for booking multiple sessions and then you cancel or terminate your booking before the end of the block, any refund or credit due to you for the remaining sessions will be calculated based on the standard (undiscounted) price for the sessions that you have completed.
Open Courses and Workshops
Our courses are made up of “Workshops” which are usually 2 day blocks of training, or “Ongoing Groups” which consist of a series of sessions booked at one time. Online workshops (which usually consist of 4 mornings of training) are also covered by the terms applicable to “in person” workshops.
You can cancel or reschedule a Workshop free of charge up to 3 weeks before the start of that Workshop.
You can cancel or reschedule your place on an Ongoing Group free of charge up to 3 weeks before the first session in the series.
Thereafter, no refunds are available unless we are able to fill your place with a participant paying the full listed price (which we will make reasonable efforts to do), in which case an 80% refund will be available. The same applies to requests to reschedule a place on a Workshop/Ongoing Group.
Covid Safety Policy – In order to keep your fellow participants and ourselves safe, until 31st August 2022, attendance at workshops will only be possible for those who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at least 2 weeks before the workshop start date and are able to provide suitable proof of vaccination. For the avoidance of doubt, being “fully vaccinated” includes a requirement to have such booster jabs as are specified in your event details or by emails sent by us to you. Please do not book a workshop unless you are willing and able to comply with this policy. (If you book a workshop and are not fully vaccinated in line with this policy we will cancel your place and refuse you entry to the workshop. Your case will be treated as a booking cancellation in line with our cancellation policy above from the date that we become aware of your non-compliance, which may result in you not being eligible for any refund).
Entry to the workshop will additionally require proof of a negative Lateral Flow Test taken on morning of each day of the workshop.
From 1st September 2022 onwards, due to changing circumstances, the vaccine requirement will be dropped, but the Lateral Flow Test requirement will remain in force.
Standby Places Policy. In the event that we have offered you a standby place on a workshop, we will confirm no later than 3 days before the workshop in question whether or not we can confirm your standby place. In the event that we are not able to confirm your standby place, we will offer you a further free standby place on a subsequent workshop. Attendance at such a workshop will be subject to our Covid Safety Policy.
Please do whatever you need to do to ensure that you attend for your workshop on time and stay for the duration. It is significantly disruptive to the rest of the group when people arrive late, and it’s often impossible to catch you up on what you’ve missed. For this reason, we ask you to be in attendance no later than 15 minutes before the scheduled start time of your workshop. (So if the scheduled start time is 9.45am, you are expected to be there by 9.30am). If you arrive more than 30 minutes after the scheduled start time for a workshop you won’t be admitted and we won’t refund or transfer your place.
Similarly it causes significant disruption to the group if people are leaving and re-entering the workshop, or leave early on any day.
If you leave a workshop early on any day, or miss a significant portion of a workshop (more than 15 minutes) by leaving during the day, you may not be readmitted to the workshop, and in these circumstances there won’t be any refund of your workshop fee or any transfer of your place. You will also be treated as if you have not completed the workshop and so will not be able to go on to do any subsequent workshops until you have repeated that workshop and completed it in full. If you think you may need to do any of the above, please contact us in advance.
The bottom line – before booking a workshop, organise your life so that you can get here on time (preferably early) and stay for the duration of the workshop!
If we need to postpone or cancel a workshop you will be entitled to a free transfer to any applicable course with space available. If you prefer to receive a refund we will happily provide this to you in full.
Special rules for Online Workshops
If you are booking for an online workshop please do everything you can to ensure that you do not receive any interruptions during the workshop. You will be expected to have your phone off during workshop sessions, and not to access work or personal emails even during breaks. This is to ensure that everyone taking part in the workshop gives it their full attention, for the sake of your learning and that of the other participants in the group.
This availability to take part with your full attention really matters for the effectiveness of the workshop, so we are strict about this. Failure to adhere to these rules may result in you being excluded from the workshop and no refund being given.
In-House Training Courses
An in-house training course refers any course provided by us at the request of a company or organisation, solely for the attendance of their employees or invitees.
The following terms apply to such courses:
A minimum of 8 weeks’ notice is required if you wish to change the date of a confirmed course.
For cancellations or postponements more than 8 weeks prior to the course date, 20% of the course fee and any additional expenses already incurred will be charged.
Cancellations or postponements in the 8 weeks prior to the course start date will incur fees as follows:
- Between 6 and 8 weeks – 40% of the course fee
- Within 6 weeks – 60% of the course fee
- Within 4 weeks – 100% of the course fee
Such cancellation fees are payable within 30 days of cancellation or postponement being notified to us.
You agree that the above cancellation fees constitute a genuine pre-estimate of the expenses likely to be incurred by us as a result of your cancellation or postponement.
Courses are invoiced upon completion and are payable within 14 days of the invoice date.
In the event of cancellation by Presence Training Ltd due to illness of a consultant or any other reason beyond its control, Presence Training Ltd will not be responsible for any consequential losses by the client for cancelled accommodation or any other liability. In particular, Presence Training Ltd will not be responsible for any financial, economic or indirect loss incurred by the client including loss of business, profit, and income or missed opportunities. It is the client’s responsibility to take out suitable insurance cover to protect its property and business interests.
These Terms and Conditions supersede any conditions associated with client purchase orders unless otherwise agreed in writing.
Presence Training Ltd. will not disclose confidential information regarding customer activities and are willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
The intellectual property rights in the course and associated materials, presentations and workbooks, including notes given by the Presence Training course director, are and will remain the property of Presence Training Ltd. Your organisation shall not cause or permit anything which may damage or endanger the intellectual property of Presence Training or any other intellectual property of Presence Training or knowingly allow others to so damage or endanger it.
Your organisation undertakes not to use Presence Training’s name or logo or associated documentation for the purpose of delivering or promoting the course without the prior written approval of Presence Training (and then only for the purpose of this agreement).
The Presence Club
We want the Presence Club to be a fun and safe place for everyone to practice the work learned in the Foundation Courses. In order for this to be true, the following Terms and Conditions will apply to those attending the Presence Club and purchasing subscriptions.
- Conditions for attendance. In order to attend the Presence Club (“the Club”), you must have completed the Presence Training Foundation 1 and Foundation 2 workshops to a standard of our complete satisfaction with your participation, attitude and learning. This is to make sure that all those attending the club have attained a certain minimum standard of competence in this work. We reserve the right to refuse membership or attendance of the club who has not completed Foundation 1 and Foundation 2 to this standard. You must in addition purchase an annual subscription at the rate specified on our website at the time of purchase (or in a separate offer email).
- The Club will have a maximum of 40 members for the time being. We reserve the right to raise or lower this number at our sole discretion. Subject to places being available, it is possible to join the club prior to completing Foundation 1 and Foundation 2, but you won’t be able to attend until you have successfully completed it to our satisfaction.
- What you’ll receive. Your annual membership fee entitles you to membership of the club, including a minimum of 12, 3 hour evening sessions per year, in a London venue. We may additionally choose to provide further services to club members, subject to what club members request and our discretion to provide them.
- We will do everything in our power to provide this minimum of 12, 3 hour evening sessions, within a 1 year period. In the event that in any given year we are unable to do this, we will compensate you, by refunding you a relevant proportion of your annual membership fee, or by extending your membership for an additional month or months.
- When subscriptions start. All annual subscriptions will be deemed to start on the first day of a month, and last for 12 calendar months starting with that day.
- If the club is not full, you can elect to start your 12 month subscription in the month in which you pay for it, or in the following month. If the club is full, your membership will start as soon as you accept the offer of a place from the waiting list. If you are yet to complete Foundation 1 and 2 and have pre-paid for club member your membership will start as soon as (a) you have completed the course and (b) a place is available for you to join.
- Payment for membership. If your membership is being paid for by your company or organisation or they are reimbursing you for the whole or any part of that membership then the corporate rate specified at the time will apply. VAT will apply to club membership for such times as Presence Training is VAT registered.
- Behaviour and kindness standards. Club members agree to respect each other and treat each other with courtesy, kindness and respect and to extend those same qualities to those facilitating club evenings and running the club.
- It is most important that all members of the Presence Club respect others within the club and smooth running of the club and of club evenings. We reserve the right to terminate your membership of the Presence Club if, in our sole opinion, we believe that you are being disruptive to the club, the facilitators or other members. If we do, so we will refund any unexpired portion of your membership subscription.
- Transferring memberships. Memberships are personal to the person taking them out and are non-transferrable.
- Refund policy. Once you have paid for your subscription and it has started, no refunds will be given part way through the year, subject to the exception in paragraph 9 above and at paragraph 12 below. If your subscription has not yet started it can be refunded any time until its commencement.
- As an exception to the rule set out at 11 above, if for any reason the club ceases to run on an ongoing basis, the remaining proportion of your membership fee will be refunded to you.
- Covid Safety. In order to keep your fellow participants and ourselves safe, until further notice, attendance at in-person club evenings will only be possible for those who are fully vaccinated against Covid-19 at least 2 weeks before the session start date and are able to provide suitable proof of vaccination. Entry to the evening will additionally require proof of a negative lateral flow test taken on the day of the club session. If there are medical reasons why you cannot be vaccinated, we may at our discretion accept a recent negative PCR test alone, provided that you have isolated since taking it.
- Updating these terms and conditions. We’ve done our best to keep these terms short and at the same time cover all the necessary matters, but there will always be a need to keep them evolving as the Club evolves. For this reason, we reserve the right to update, amend or alter these terms and conditions at any time, but we’ll do our best to be as fair about it as we can and we will inform you of any changes that we make.
These terms last updated 26th July 2022